If you want to maintain the best sexual experience in bed all night, you are not alone. Luckily, there are various ways to improve sexual performance. This involves improving current issues or finding ways to keep your partner happy.
Even though there are several male enhancement pills available in the market, there are simple measures to stay firmer and longer without popping any drugs.
Always bear in mind that the penis needs adequate blood pressure which requires the circulatory system to be in top shape. Generally, what is good for the heart is also beneficial for a satisfying sexual health.
Causes of poor sexual performance
Sexual dysfunction is both a physical or psychological issue that prevents achieving sexual satisfaction. Among men, it is a widespread health concern affecting all ages yet starts to develop with age. Luckily, various measures can often help men with issues on sexual performance.
Some of the common forms of sexual issues among men include:
- Erectile dysfunction. There is difficulty in achieving and maintaining an erection.
- Low libido. Poor or declining interest in sexual activity.
- Premature ejaculation. Achieving orgasm rapidly
- Delayed ejaculation. Slow to reach an orgasm or not at all.
Measures to improve sexual performance
Luckily, there are various ways to boost or generally improve your sexual performance. Most of these measures are simple but if worried, consult a doctor for further advice.
Maintain an active lifestyle
An ideal way to improve overall health is engaging in cardiovascular exercise. Sexual activity can increase the heart rate, but regular exercise can help your sexual performance by keeping the heart in good shape.
A 30-minute session of heart-pumping activity such as running, aerobics and swimming can create wonders in boosting your libido.
Certain fruits and vegetables can promote an increase in blood flow. Some of these that you can add to your diet include:
- Onions and garlic. These foods might result in an undesirable breath but promotes an improvement in the blood circulation.
- Chilies and peppers. Naturally spicy foods help improve the blood flow by lowering inflammation and hypertension.
- As a potassium-rich fruit, it helps lower the blood pressure. This can greatly benefit vital sexual parts in the body as well as boosting sexual performance. You might want to add a banana as a dessert after dinner for an invigorating bedroom escapade.
Aside from fruits and vegetables, meats and other food products can also help achieve better blood flow such as:
- Vitamin B1. This vitamin signals the nervous system to move more rapidly including the signals from the brain to the penis. It is generally found in peanuts, pork and kidney beans.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. This type of fat improves the blood flow and present in tuna, salmon, olive oil and avocados.
- As a good source of other B vitamins, eggs balance the hormonal levels in the body as well as reducing the stress that often disrupts an erection.
High stress levels
Stress can affect all aspects of health including the libido of men. If under stress, there is a detrimental increase in the heart rate and blood pressure. Both can disrupt the sexual drive and performance in the bedroom. Psychological stress has also an effect on attaining an erection or an orgasm.
Physical activity or exercise is an ideal way to lessen stress and enhance overall health. Opening to your partner about any stressful scenarios whether at home or in the workplace can help you calm down while improving the relationship.
Under constant stress can also generate undesirable habits such as alcohol consumption or smoking that can disrupt sexual performance. Although some unwind from stressful events by drinking alcohol or smoking, there are other “healthy” ways to cope that will not cause any harm to your performance at night.
Out with the bad habits
If you relax by consuming alcohol or smoking, it can affect your sexual performance in the long run. Although studies reveal that ingesting a minimum amount of red wine improves circulation, excess intake of hard alcoholic beverages has adverse effects.
Stimulants constrict the blood vessels and have a link to impotence. Limiting or cessation of smoking is one of the initial steps to improve performance. Replacing any bad habits with healthy ones such as regular exercise and a healthy diet can boost sexual health.
Sunlight ceases the production of melatonin in the body. This hormone aids with sleep but also calms the sexual urges. Reducing melatonin can potentially increase sexual desire.
Try to spend some time outdoors and expose your body to stir up the sex drive, especially during the winter season when the body produces more melatonin.
If your sexual performance does not last long, as usual, it might require practice. Although sex is the ideal way to practice, masturbation can also improve your longevity in the bedroom.
Nevertheless, the manner on how you masturbate has detrimental effects. If in a rush manner, it can unintentionally lessen the length of sexual activity. The key is making it last, just like you want to when you are with your partner.
A close relationship with your partner
Remember that sexual activity is not a one-way street. Paying attention to the desires of your partner will not only make the activity a pleasurable and satisfying one but also helps turn you on or slow you down. Discussing this with your partner beforehand can lessen any awkwardness if you need to slow down during a “heated” moment or peak momentum.
You can alternate the pace or focus on your partner while taking a break for a more enjoyable experience.
When to consult a doctor
If sexual health issues such as erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease or other ailments are likely, medical treatment might be necessary. Consult a doctor to discuss ways or treatment options to improve sexual health.